Sunday 25 April 2010

The soundtrack to my life.

Music has always been important in my life. It's one of those things which I can experience to exactly the same extent as everybody else, and I like that, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. There is a piece of music suitable for every ocassion of my life - whether I'm having the best fucking day ever, or if I'm having one of those days when re-splodging the toilet duck thing in my toilet is the highlight of my life.

Anyway. I like music, it's something I rely on a lot, not as much as I used to, but a lot - possibly because it can never disappoint. (I'm not referring to the radio here, merely my own collection of music. Terrible as it is, we get on.) There was a time in my life when music was in fact the most important thing I had, or even the only thing I had. I kind of miss those days.

Sometimes I'd listen to a song and be like, "Yeah, I like that song, it's cool, I wanna learn to play that" and I would. I'd sit down, see if I could figure it out for myself - if I couldn't I'd find it online and piss about until I could play it. There was something incredibly simple and satisfying in it. It was also ridiculously fun, more so considering I was a somewhat moody teenager and got a great amount of pleasure from re-tuning my snare when my parents irritated me. Haha. Oh, to be fourteen again.

When that went to shit I bumped into my Green Day CD's and stayed attached to them for a long, long while - I wont mention anymore on those for I think we all know too much already. Green Day, amongst other bands, provided me with something to do - and indeed became my voice for a good two and a half years until I bumped into my current bunch of friends. Or rather until fleenface bumped into me. Regardless, without music I genuinely would have had nothing (nothing I would have regarded with much importance anyway) between the age of 15 and 17, which I think is kind of scary.

It was a very simple, if not miserable existence; nothing changed, nothing moved on, nothing turned around and slapped me in the face, nothing waited until I turned around and kicked me in the arse. It was simple. And I kind of liked it like that.

Music still does play a crucial part in my life (pun not intended). But when I have my time machine I certainly will enjoy going back to a time when I could play some truly awful things on my shitty drum kit of doom.

Aah. What a lovely, nostalgic post.

In other news I have no fags. I miss fleenface. And my quests on Wow are shite. Overall, I'm not very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment